After the excitement of the engagement comes, the nervousness and adrenaline of planning the details of the wedding you have dreamed of, where each moment should be perfect.
One of those details is the invitations which become the primary means of communication to family and friends. What information should they contain? What color do we want them? What font? What kind of paper? These are some of the most common questions facing each couple. Here are some tips that will enable you to have greater clarity regarding what you want and how to achieve it.
Most importantly, invitations should be a clear reflection of what the bride and groom want, and so should be made according to your tastes.
The invitation should be consistent with the character and style of the wedding, as well as the place where the event is to be held.
The site selection and planning of the wedding should be done sufficiently in advance, at least five or four months in order to have enough time to allow for any necessary adjustments. Similarly, we suggest the delivery of invitations to guests be approximately 45 days in advance.
To select invitations you have two possibilities:
· Consult a Catalog: an already designed invitation is chosen and adjustments are made to the colors, typography and other details.
· Custom Made: the design starts from scratch and is unique because it´s made with the couple’s tastes in mind.
· It is important to allow a professional to advise you on color schemes, details, and types of paper so that the invitation has a balanced design.
Now then, if the couple is wondering what to include in the invitation, and although that will depend on the taste of each pair, here are items considered essential information when designing invitations: Date, time and place, dress code, restrictions and telephone to confirm attendance.
Finally, the style will depend on each couple’s preferences, but innovation is always good. Here are a few ideas to consider:
• Gift Box: it is sent with the invitation and a small gift in advance to show gratitude for the participation of the guests.
• Puzzle: it is possible to make the invitation as a puzzle to challenge guests to discover what's inside.
• Bottle of wine: can be sent as a gift and serve as the invitation.
Stay tuned… more to come!
Weddings at Hilton Papagayo.